gnustep-base crash on Android

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: gnustep-base crash on Android
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2014 15:43:44 +0000

Hello,

It's possible that geteuid() does not exist on Android. I don't know why GNUstep's trying to initialize NSUserDefaults.

You should not be using that PDF. http://bitbucket.org/ivucica/thegrandexperiment is messy, but better, as a starter project.

Next, you shouldn't be afraid to figure out a way to fix an issue, for example by not calling geteuid() on Android, but without affecting anyone on other platform. If you fling a patch to the appropriate mailing list, someone may import the appropriate patch.

Finally, I've recently began working on a small toy project and the whole thing works for me.