Re: GNUSTEP on OSX 10.6.8

From: Dr Slivnik Tomaž MA (Cantab) MMath (Cantab) PhD (Cantab) FTICA
Subject: Re: GNUSTEP on OSX 10.6.8
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 17:56:21 +0100

> My God !  Next came with Mathematica !!!

Yes. At least the early versions did. I believe it was unbundled at some point,
as were MusicKit, Ensemble, ScorePlayer (I think also RenderMan?) but I
couldn't tell you off the top of my head in which version.

NextStep 3.0 and later came on a CD (versions up to 2.1a came on
magneto-optical media; I'm not sure whether 2.2, the last version before 3.0,
came on MO or CD), and it came bundled with Mathematica 2.0, which was supplied
on a separate 2.88MB floppy. I believe I was also sent a free upgrade to
Mathematica 2.1, but I cannot now find 2.1 media anywhere - only 2.0 and 2.2.
With magneto-optical distributions, Mathematica came on the O.S.
magneto-optical media (on the versions with which it was bundled).

Maybe with 3.0 it only came bundled with the "academic" package, I am not sure.

> And the other bundled goodies...I didn't know that.

I believe that Improv was not bundled, but everything else I listed was. Again,
with 3.0, WriteNow came as a separate floppy (and I may have had to buy that
separately, I cannot now remember), but on the earlier magneto-optical media,
WriteNow was included.