Re: CoreBase parse errors with ARC enabled

From: Jens Alfke
Subject: Re: CoreBase parse errors with ARC enabled
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 15:00:12 -0800

On Jan 28, 2015, at 9:19 AM, Stefan Bidigaray <stefanbidi@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Jens,
I'm the (somewhat part-time) maintainer of CoreBase, so I can best speak to it.  Your best bet would be to use the current SVN code, as version 0.1 is sorely outdated.

Ah, thanks. I did not know there were more recent changes. The CoreBase page on gnustep.org only points to the download of 0.1, and the only repo for CoreBase that shows up in Google searches is one on Github whose last commit is circa 2012.

…OK, just figured out that there is one monolithic SVN repo for all of GNUstep, and am checking it out now.

BTW, why is this a re-implementation of CF, when Apple's CF is open source? Couldn't you just use that?

—Jens