Newbie warning: Getting started on GORM. Any extensive reference mater

From: David Ford
Subject: Newbie warning: Getting started on GORM. Any extensive reference materials?
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 16:58:12 -0800

I searched the archives for GORM, but didn't see any subject lines that seemed pertinent to drill down into.

I have the GORM user guide that I found online.  However, a problem for me is there are no screen shots.

I created an interface, then went to start creating messaging links between objects (without really knowing where I was going, just trying to get started somehow).  I was wanting to tell the START button to start a clock readout ticking in a text field.

I believe the manual/guide said I would see an "S" and "T" on the interface, I'm assuming Source and Target.  I only saw a green circle with "S" in it.  And that stopped me dead in the water.

I'm very visual, and visuals can help me not get lost.

Are there any commercial books, or websites with screenshots, etc, that I can check out?  Going from ground zero?  I looked in the book "Programming in Objective-C", and also "Objective-C Programming", and saw no meaningful hits in the index for GNUStep or GORM.  So, what else is there?

I have some C++ and C# in my programming background, and have done programming for a long time,  but this whole scenario is a little new for me.

Also, with the name GNUStep, does that mean this is open source, and the open source rules of not being able to sell resulting apps would apply?  I got to GNUStep from thinking about doing some apps for my iPhone.  However, I don't have a Mac, just PC, so things pointed me towards GNUStep.  I would like to learn Objective-C in general, so not all is lost.

Thanks everyone.  I'd appreciate any help.

David