Re: sheets in GNUstep

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: sheets in GNUstep
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 12:03:12 -0400

Fred,

You are correct. Most of the code there is by me.  I never really found a satisfactory way to implement sheets. The issue is that they behave like modal panels which are attached to the window they are associated with and it's difficult to achieve this effect in a cross platform manner.  I considered adding the sheet as a subview in the window but the view needs to be tested like an NSWindow subclass which presents some issues.

I believe it is worthwhile to explore a solution to make it work.  I am open to suggestions and discussion at this point.

GC