Re: GORM and NSCollectionView

From: Alessandro Sangiuliano
Subject: Re: GORM and NSCollectionView
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 12:13:48 +0100

Il 19/03/2015 22:19, Fred Kiefer ha scritto:
Am 17.03.2015 um 14:17 schrieb Alessandro Sangiuliano:
Il 17/03/2015 09:53, Riccardo Mottola ha scritto:
Fred Kiefer wrote:
I just tried with 31 students and the flickering is horrible, but it
stops as soon as I let go of the window. Which Window manager are you
using?
I am running windowmaker and I must say that flickering during resize
is quite bad for may windows and different applications. This both
with the art backend as with the cairo backend.

I'm using Window Maker too.
Did you tried with more than 31? For e.g. 100? The flickering will
become just worse.
However the flickering is happening with whatever window manager you wil
use. I also tried to make gnustep to handle windows but I don't remember
if it happens, I'll try as soon as I can again and report back (but I
strongly think that was yes, it was flickering too).

Actually I'm on a train, can you suggest me what are the files that are
handling double buffering (X11 relative) in -back?
Even with a lot more subelements the flickering stops as soon as I
finish the resize. But with plenty of students I sometimes end up with a
corrupted display that only gets fixed when I scroll in the window.

The same is happening here for the corrupted display... I just was testing and thinking on how to report back this problem. I mean, when I add a lot of students, then resize the window , subelements overlaps on other subelements, corrupting the view, then scrolling, fix the corrupted view. I think you was talking about this behavior right?

The flickering also stops when I finish the resize; however the flickering during the resize should never happen, as it doesn't happen on other UI toolkit. I'd like to see and understand, as starting point, where the problem occurs.

I have no Windows/GNUstep env, to try if the flickering happens there too.
Fred