Re: GORM and NSCollectionView

From: Alessandro Sangiuliano
Subject: Re: GORM and NSCollectionView
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:05:31 +0100

Il 27/03/2015 12:44, Riccardo Mottola ha scritto:
Hi,

On 03/25/15 23:48, Germán Arias wrote:
Testing with Grr with Cairo backend (resizing or not the window) I don't
see flickers. The version of cairo is 1.13.0-20140204.

here flickering is bad on certain machines, certain not. I think it could be related on which acceleration X11 supports, but that's a guess. - iBook/ATI video, acceleration disabled due to bugs. Debian/ppc/cario : flickering extremely bad, toolbar flicker without resizing - Gentoo/x86/art on ATI video: flickering is bad but less noticeable because it is on "grey" and not "on black"
- FreeBSD/x86/cairo on intel video: no flickering, very smooth!
- Debian/x86/xlib on VirtualBOX: moderate flickering (but way better than before)

On NetBSD/x86/cairo with ATI I can't get a live resize: the window does not update (it just clips) until I release the mouse.

On all setups I use WindowMaker with live-resize enabled, of course.

I'd say this patch makes things worse except on some systems where instead it works perfectly.

Riccardo