Re: Why are not all example apps build when doing a make install in usr-

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Why are not all example apps build when doing a make install in usr-apps/examples?
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 16:34:17 +0200

Hi,

Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
Would it be possible to install all those apps in an "Examples" subfolder of
"Applications" so that "Applications" doesn't get to cluttered by (mostly useless) apps?
apps get by default installed in Applications, I don't think anything special is being done here.

I'd like that Ink.app gets installed in Applications though.
I even propose to promote Ink to usr-apps so that it can be packaged separately! I find the app very useful and it is inconvenient that distributions put it inside Examples which are more useful to a programmer.

What do you think? Fred, you, that you are the author?

Riccardo