Re: Debian and Ubuntu packages - 2015/06/03

From: Alessandro Sangiuliano
Subject: Re: Debian and Ubuntu packages - 2015/06/03
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 13:52:08 +0200

Should not be a problem for Philippe to compile everything present in his private repo with clang (gnustep and stepchat) and then package them making .deb packages and pushing them in the repo.

The problem is that the packages inside the Philippe's repo can conflict with the official debian one, where packages still are built on gcc and the old runtime.

I think, Philippe, you should write on the Debian mailing list, asking for the possibilities to build gnustep and related software with clang.

My main system is wheeze, and I have all gnustep and related software built with clang3.3. Also, clang is present in the debian repos.

If I don't see and evolution inside the official debian repo, about gnustep, I think I'll go to write a rant on their mailing list due of a Debian user from years and years.