Re: Questions on wrappers

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Questions on wrappers
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 08:22:19 +0100

> On 21 Jun 2015, at 06:08, Germán Arias <germanandre@gmx.es> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I want learn to make wrappers, but I don't have experience on this. So I
> have some questions (maybe stupid questions):
>
> 1) Is possible make wrappers using StepTalk?
>
> 2) Or I should look into java/ruby wrappers? In the case of ruby
> wrappers I see this needs the header "objc-api.h" which is no longer
> available on gcc, so I should use libobjc/libobjc2. Is possible do this
> using the headers of the "modern runtime"? Or "objc-api.h" is really
> necessary?

I do you mean by ‘wrappers’ ?
The only usage of the term that comes to mind is a wrapper for launching
non-gnustep programs as if they were apps (eg using the openapp tool or from
GWorkspace).
You don’t need a special programming language to do that … normally it’s just a
directory containing a text file (Info-gnustep.plist), a tiny shell script, and
perhaps some images.
You coulds look at the documentation in gnustep-gui, but it’s probably
quicker/simpler to look at / copy the examples in gnustep svn at
usr-apps/gworkspace/Apps_wrappers

.