Re: gdomap on Windows 7 Ultimate

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: gdomap on Windows 7 Ultimate
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 02:15:45 -0600

El lun, 03-08-2015 a las 09:34 +0200, Riccardo Mottola escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Germán Arias wrote:
> > The problem and its solution is described here:
> >
> > http://mark.koli.ch/uac-prompt-from-java-createprocess-error740-the-requested-operation-requires-elevation
> >
> > Although I don't tested it yet. I will try later with an standalone app
> > that can be launched with double click over the executable.
> I just tried here at work on Win 7 to launch "gdomap".
>
> The first time, I got asked about security, I hit "cancel" (not yes/no)
> and the process exited with an error. expected.
> Interestingly, the second time I do not get asked again and it just
> fails right away.
>
> Riccardo

I made an standalone directory with an application manifest for gdomap
and it works with a double click (after select "Yes" in a window about
security). Of course, this should be configured to run "As
administrator". Now I'm trying to launch it in boot and hope not face
problems with privileges.

Germán