Re: An update on GNUstep Meetup 2015: Hotels, participants, travel

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: An update on GNUstep Meetup 2015: Hotels, participants, travel
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 18:07:56 +0100

HI all,

the discussions with hotels have went in the direction that they would, generally, like me to submit a credit card number to vouch for possible cancellations.

Since I would highly prefer not to take on that risk myself, and at least in this instance, I would not like to collect any money in advance, I would advise that everyone who didn't book hotel books it on their own.

A reminder so you can book more easily: we are going to be in the offices near Barrow Street.

Grand Canal Hotel seems to be reasonably priced (compared to others) and is very, very close by. It's one of the hotels I've been in contact with, and they offered a decent price for reservation in advance, too (but with the catch of having to take on risk for non-appearance).

Other than this, I have not dug deep into hotel pricing.

Let me know as you book.