Re: GWorkspace - thumbnail service problems

From: Charles Philip Chan
Subject: Re: GWorkspace - thumbnail service problems
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 16:31:43 -0400

Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> writes:

> I seem not to get thumbnails when running them. Can someone help me
> understanding and fixing?
>
> I tried on two computers, linux/x86 and freebsd/amd64 thus it is not
> something specific. Somebody just reported that it works for him, so I
> wonder if somebody can test current GWorkspace.

Strange I have no problems displaying thumbnails (I am on Linux
X86_64). However, if the directory contains a large amount of file
generation of thumbnails will fail with "Timeout connecting to Thumbnail
Service"- I have to do it in batches. BTW, my GNUstep is the latest svn
version.

forgot got to add, do you have "Use Thumbnails" enabled under "Icons" in
the Preferences panel?

Charles

--
"People get annoyed when you try to debug them."

  -- Larry Wall (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)