Re: Build GNUStep

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Build GNUStep
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 19:59:29 +0000

> On 15 Nov 2015, at 19:17, Adam S <adam.sommerfield@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> Followed your instructions for building GNUStep on both Raspbian and Lubuntu.
> Goes pretty well but for a couple of things I can't seem to get right. Any
> ideas please?
>
> 1. gnutls-dev won't install from command line (apt-get etc), package can't be
> found?

When I do ‘sudo apt-get install gnutls-dev’, apt tells me it’s selecting
libgnustls28-dev
So presumably there re alternative names for the same thing.
I don’t know why that wouldn’t work for you though … but you could try
libgnutls-dev or libgnbutls28-dev rather than gunnels-dev

> 2. I can't drag any icons or files onto the Gworkspace desktop, when I try to
> do it the icon flicks back.
>
> 3. Similar to above, I can't drag any shortcuts to the Table at the bottom of
> screen, same result.

Drag and drop of icons in GWorkspace works for me, so I’m not sure what your
problemm is …
I can drag and drop a file onto the osk, onto the desktop, and on to the tabbed
shelf when I turn it on (is that what you meant by table?) … I put a screenshot
on the GNUstep Googhle+ community.
Riccardo may be able to help with this, since he maintains GWorkspace now.

One thing I did notice is that the default window manager does strange things
with window decoration offsets in some windows, so that GNUstep windows are a
little messed up (things offset vertically from where they should be);
Switching to using WindowMaker may fix that sort of issue.