Re: NeXT GNU Homage Project Work

From: Maxthon Chan
Subject: Re: NeXT GNU Homage Project Work
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 11:34:16 +0800

Sorry…

If this is the case then I would suggest those AppKit and UIKit enhances, sort
of bringing GNUstep up to speed with OS X:

1) Storyboards. This is how Xcode arrange user interfaces now.
2) QuartzCore and WIndowServer based on Wayland and EGL. This will replace
Window Maker with a higher performance interface engine, and replace
gnustep-back entirely. (“windowmaker-wayland” is a Wayland-only compositor that
have the OS X look and feel, “gnustep-qe” implements QuartzCore API using
Wayland and EGL, and gnustep-gui rewritten to use gnustep-qe instead of
gnustep-back)
3) Metal, which can be mapped to Vulcan(“gnustep-metal-vulcan”), Mantle (for
AMD cards, “gnustep-metal-mantle”) or CUDA (for nVIDIA cards,
“gnustep-metal-cuda”)
4) SceneKit and SpriteKit, both can be implemented on top of Metal.
5) loginwindow (which is necessary in building a complete desktop experience)