Re: projectcenter launch error Windows10

From: James dAuthreau
Subject: Re: projectcenter launch error Windows10
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 16:47:59 +0000

Hi Riccardo
Following my last post I installed GNUstep on a windows 7 machine, and it works fine, so it rather points to a Windows 10 issue, so it would be great if an installer that works for Windows 10 could be developed, as most people will / have upgraded to this at some point.
James

---- On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 11:35:30 +0000 Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it>wrote ----

Hi James,

James d'Authreau wrote:
> Thanks, the binaries were directly from the windows installer, and yes the
> shell was gnustep. I am not sufficiently advanced to know what "plparse" or
> "defaults read" are, but if I just type them in I get "command not found"
> and nothing for the other. I wondered if this was a windows 10 thing.

those are just two commands that in a correctly setup GNUstep
environment should "work"... I suggested them as a check. E.g. plparse
with no arguments should tell you "No file names given to parse".

The fact that they don't execute for you leds me to think that you are
launching the wrong shell or that there is something missing.
Check to see if plparse.exe is on your hdd ?

Riccardo