Re: Building on ubuntu 15.10 missing libgnutls-config

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Re: Building on ubuntu 15.10 missing libgnutls-config
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 10:51:45 +0000

> Am 02.12.2015 um 11:36 schrieb Luis Garcia Alanis <luis@garcia.tv>:
>
> Hello guys,
>
> I am trying to build on ubuntu and I get the error that libgnutls-config is
> missing.
>
> I did some research and that tool has been deprecated from libgnutls.
>
> A temporary workaround is to configure with --disable-tls
>
> That would disable ssl on gnustep.

My understanding of the configure script (talking about the version in trunk
here) is that you do not need the libgnutls-config script if a pkg-config file
for gnutls is installed. Can you check whether the development package
(libgnutls-dev) is installed and that things like

> pkg-config --modversion gnutls

do not report any errors? If they do, installing the pkg-config and/or the
dev-package would probably fix things.

I hope that helps.

Niels