Re: Debian and Ubuntu packages - 2015/06/03

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Debian and Ubuntu packages - 2015/06/03
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 16:37:02 +0000

That is the idea. But currently that cannot happen.

Current status is that Launchpad's PPA builder apparently cannot find clang for libobjc2, even though I declared it in the Build-Depends field. Debugging this kind of things is annoying as I need to rebuild the source package (which, with current automation, takes a while). It has to have a unique package version, otherwise PPA upload rejects it. Then I need to wait for Canonical's builder to install the whole system. Then I need to identify what broke solely based on logs output (because why would there be a feature to browse the build sandbox's filesystem, that would be silly, right).

I will make appropriate announcements when this is ready.

Patches and forks are, of course, welcome...

sent from phone