Re: Savannah vs. Gitlab

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Savannah vs. Gitlab
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 09:55:59 +0000

Fwiw, I don't think main repo URL should be on Github. Mirror, yes. Ability for devs (who signed copyright assignment) to create pull requests, yes.

Primary hosting on Github? *shrug* there are no strong benefits, I think, and sufficient number of people would be happier if we hosted elsewhere.

How about pushing for Savannah process to be fixed instead? Creating these repos is a one-off, and any new projects can temporarily self-host before being migrated into a "gnustep-myproject" repo on Savannah.