Re: Plans for ahead

From: Svetlana A. Tkachenko
Subject: Re: Plans for ahead
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2015 11:53:35 +1100

> Now as a desktop user who would like to run GUNstep full time, I have to ask,
> has anyone actually started making chromium embedded embed into a gnustep
> window?
> I used Mantella in the past and I was happy with it. Mantella was this exact
> idea with firefox. Unfortunately the interface to firefox they used was
> deprecated.

About "embedding" Chromium or Firefox - I do not mind embedding the
stuff rendered by the engine (WebKit/Gecko), but I would not, as a
matter of personal preference, recommend to port over the Chromium's or
Firefox's interface. For UX consistency I would prefer the interface to
be in GNUStep things. I hope we are getting there one way or another. :)

--
Svetlana A. Tkachenko
Member of the Free Software Foundation