Re: Only build llvm backend parts needed for GNUstep

From: Patryk Laurent
Subject: Re: Only build llvm backend parts needed for GNUstep
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 04:54:37 +0000 (GMT)

On Dec 13, 2015, at 08:42 PM, Patryk Laurent <plaurent@me.com> wrote:
On Dec 13, 2015, at 12:25 PM, David Chisnall <theraven@sucs.org> wrote:
20GB sounds very big. Debug builds are quite large, but release builds are a lot smaller. The back ends only add a couple of MBs, so it’s not worth removing them.

David

Hmmm... is the default to do a debug build?  I simply checked out llvm and build using the following steps:

Ah, yes, I see from the first line of cmake's output that it defaults to a Debug build.  I will try doing a release build, hopefully it'll take much less space.

Patryk