Re: New Interim GUI maintainer...

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: New Interim GUI maintainer...
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2016 01:25:28 +0000

Hi all,

To add to Gregory's remarks:

Fred has indeed left big shoes to fill. His technical understanding of internals of -gui would be hard to match. Therefore, I believe I will mostly be looking after the following:
- reviewing incoming patches, especially by new contributors
- cutting releases

Because of maturity of the codebase, the remaining :-) bugs will certainly be hard to track. I do not currently expect I'll be spending much time on that.

When Gregory asked me to consider helping out in this way, it took me a while to decide whether to accept. I also explicitly asked for the 'interim' prefix to make it explicit that I believe there _will_ be more capable hands to hand off the maintainership hat to, and that I will do in consultation with other maintainers, as needed.

This is a privilege. Thank you.