Re: Localisation of Frameworks

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Localisation of Frameworks
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 18:44:15 +0000

This thread brought a question to my mind... do we already have a tool to extract localizable strings into a .strings file?

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 5:38 PM Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
Hi,

Wolfgang Lux wrote:
> I would assume that within a framework you should be using NSLocalizedStringFromTableInBundle instead of NSLocalizedString.

that sounds sensible. I suppose that _() is a shorthand for
NSLocalizedString with a nil parameter.
NSLocalizedString uses mainBundle, which is the App executable bundle.

How do I get a Frameworks's bundle path? I suppose bundleForClass with
the current Class should do.

But what about table? I suppose nil should work: that is what
NSLocalizedString passes according to the doc.

NSLocalizedString(@"key", @"")
becomes
NSLocalizedStringFromTableInBundle(@"key", nil, [NSBundle
bundleForClass:[self class]], @"")