Re: Error in GNUstep Windows rendering

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Error in GNUstep Windows rendering
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 11:43:40 -0500

When was the Windows installer that was used created?  Are we sure this is not a bug that has already been resolved in development?

On Wednesday, February 10, 2016, Ivan Vučica <ivan@vucica.net> wrote:
If someone wants to continue looking into fixing this, I've spent a few minutes trying to track this down completely blindly (i.e. I didn't actually run any code).

The number 16 in '16 characters until whitespace appears' _seems_ to come from:
  http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/gui/trunk/Source/NSLayoutManager.m
method -drawGlyphsForGlyphRange:atPoint: line "#define GBUF_SIZE 16 /* TODO: tweak */".

Combined with Riccardo's mention that this may be related to DPI, and following the call to C function GSShowGlyphsWithAdvances() from
  http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/gui/trunk/Source/NSGraphicsContext.m
I'd say the fixer will want to look at
  http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/back/trunk/Source/cairo/CairoGState.m
method -GSShowGlyphsWithAdvances:::, and
  http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/libs/back/trunk/Source/cairo/CairoFontInfo.m
method -drawGlyphs:length:on:.

(I'll post this in the bug as well.)