Re: ProjectCenter on Windows (mingw32) : trouble launching gdb.

From: emmanuel
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter on Windows (mingw32) : trouble launching gdb.
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 23:30:13 +0100

Hello Riccardo and thanks for answering,

Make is configured in "References…", the "External Build Tool" has his value set (by me) to : C:/GNUstep/msys/1.0/bin/make.exe
I do see the files compiling in the Log Panel.
I also see the output of my "helloworld" first app in the Log Panel. It's not an "application" kind of program but a "Tool" one.
I can see the executable (named "app1.exe") in the Windows file explorer, under the directory "obj".

I actually launch the ProjectCenter from the gnustep shell (since it has been installed with "svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/apps/projectcenter/trunk ", followed by "cd ProjectCenter", "make", "make install", there's no other way than launching it from the shell, since there are no shortcuts in the Windows menu referencing it).

emmanuel wrote:
I've made my "helloworld" first app, builded it and launched it from PC. Everything works fine !
But when I try to debug, I get this message : "No executable ! Please build the project first."

My config : in "Preferences…", the Root Build Directory is unset (blank) and the Debugger has been set to : "C:/GNUstep/bin/gdb.exe".

as you set gdb, also set make! Do you then actually see the files compiling in the log window? If you check is there the executable inside the app bundle?
Can you open the (gnustep) shell and go there and try to launch it?

Riccardo

--
emmanuel