Re: GUI issue - adding item to Menu

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GUI issue - adding item to Menu
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 11:55:58 +0200

Hi,

On 05/13/16 11:40, Wolfgang Lux wrote:
Yes. Don't use the same name for the main menu and another application menu,
it's a bad idea anyway (on OS X you would end up with two items with the same
name in the menubar). Incidentally, Apple calls their equivalent of your
'Terminal' menu 'Shell' in their Terminal application (and have historically
done so already in the NeXTstep days).

you do mean that the code wouldn't work on Mac either? I didn't check.

It used to work for us... if it is supposed not to work on Mac, then fine I work around it. On Mac you don't have an explicit name for the main Menu so maybe you don't notice that.

Riccardo