Re: GNUMail sources

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUMail sources
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 00:38:50 +0200

Hi,

Germán Arias wrote:
Hi Steven

Currently a fork of GNUMail are hosted here:

http://gna.org/projects/gnustep-nonfsf

and the website is this:

http://home.gna.org/gnustep-nonfsf/gnumail.html

The development of this fork is slow. But its intention is maintain
alive this app.

we imported in this repository only pantomime and gnumail, not other projects. We are undergoing a very slow and cautionary fix and update of the code. I believe the current code is bettery in eevery way than the original code and does not introduce new issues.
Still, depending on your usage GNUMail can be usable or not.
It should work pretty well with a standard POP and a SMTP without authentication though.
NetBSD support was added since the work as well as many improvements.

If you have isseus, let's discuss them, but there are some which I do not know how to fix.
Which other apps are you  missing?

Riccardo