TextMate (was: Re: Emacs Anyone?)

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: TextMate (was: Re: Emacs Anyone?)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 14:53:58 +0100

Still using emacs? I know, it’s a wonderful OS but the editor is lacking a bit … ;) (SCNR)

… well, it’s 2017, so we have quite some options when it comes to text editors. One wonderful editor is TextMate, it is written in Cocoa and it is released under GPL V3 since version 2.0

So I am asking: how about porting https://github.com/textmate/textmate to GNUstep? This editor is way more modern than emacs and inspired for instance Sublime Text.

See an overview of features (of the old 1.x version) here: http://macromates.com/screencasts

cheers,

Lars