Re: Emacs Anyone?

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Emacs Anyone?
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 15:31:43 +0100

Hi Ivan,

Ivan Vučica wrote:
Assuming this is an ObjC module, and assuming the warning did NOT come from GSInitializeProcess():
Below GSInitializeProcess() add [NSAutoreleasePool alloc].

If this is not an ObjC module, make it one or add a new .m file, and call the method from there. :)

The contraption will be leaky unless you occasionally drain it, but this is still a good first step.

I think this is somehow dirty? If the same code on systems where no fake main is required works and there are no issues with ARPs, my guess is that GSInitializeProcess() is not enough for me, that something else is needed.

Also, it doesn't work :) I inserted the AutoreleasePool alloc right after process initialize.

Maybe Richard has a better hint.

Riccardo