Re: Examples of apps using a list, table, or spreadsheet

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Examples of apps using a list, table, or spreadsheet
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 09:55:14 +0200

Hi,

Ivan Vučica wrote:

Implement a datasource for a NSTableView which returns values for table cells. Tell the table view to refresh its contents as required.

Or, use Cocoa Bindings to bind the table view's columns to an NSArrayController's values's subkeys.

I prefer the former approach to the latter. True, there are no specific "Gorm tutorials" but Gorm is just an easy way for you to make the interface, the concepts,. the classes and the model-view behind are the same!

Open SOurce apps are the best examples around.

You may look at LaternaMagica's image list for a reasinably simple example which refreshes the whole content each time, as well as FTP's. Both apps are in GAP.

A very nice Table with filter, sorting is present in DataBasin - look in the DBObjectInspector: table instantiated in GORM, you have sortable columns and data-search. The most complete of the stuff I wrote, maybe a bit complex. The only drawback is that you need a SF account to "use" the application, but maybe the code is of help to you anyway.

Riccardo