Re: Examples of apps using a list, table, or spreadsheet

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Examples of apps using a list, table, or spreadsheet
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 14:00:58 +0100

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 8:55 AM, Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:

Ivan Vučica wrote:

Implement a datasource for a NSTableView which returns values for table cells. Tell the table view to refresh its contents as required.

Or, use Cocoa Bindings to bind the table view's columns to an NSArrayController's values's subkeys.

I prefer the former approach to the latter.

I'd prefer the same in GNUstep, too. However, once Core Data gets involved, there's no beating the convenience of Cocoa Bindings.

Pretty much the largest piece of desktop ObjC that I wrote is an invoicing app heavily built around Core Data. Pretty much everything was cocoa-bound to the Core Data managed objects.

Comments on Core Data clearly doesn't apply here or to GS in general, for obvious reasons, but it is a super sweet approach to development.