Re: Emacs Anyone?

From: Steven Nunez
Subject: Re: Emacs Anyone?
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 07:47:28 +0000 (UTC)

Hi David,

Thanks. That seems to do the trick, at least for configure. For posterity, the full configure line should be:

env CFLAGS="-DGNUSTEP -I/usr/local/include" ./configure --with-ns --with-gnustep=/usr/local/GNUstep/GNUstep.conf

Any idea how to report this to the upstream maintainer for GNUstep/emacs (or is that you)?

However, there is still a problem with the compiling the lisp code:

   GEN    ../lisp/leim/leim-list.el
gmake[2]: *** [Makefile:134: ../lisp/leim/leim-list.el] Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Any thoughts there? More to the point, why would non-GNUstep emacs compile this elisp file (I assume), but the GNUstep one fail?

Regards,
    - Steve

On Tuesday, April 18, 2017 3:41 PM, David Chisnall <theraven@sucs.org> wrote:

Add CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include to the configure command line.

David