Re: [INFO] NEXTSPACE

From: Sergii Stoian
Subject: Re: [INFO] NEXTSPACE
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 22:26:27 +0200

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 3:04 AM, Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> wrote:
On 25 November 2017 at 23:35, Sergii Stoian <stoyan255@gmail.com> wrote:

> Finally I've decided to inform dear community about my project of last 2+
> years.
> I've named is NEXTSPACE. It is SPACE for NeXT applications.
> You can find code and brief description of project here
> https://github.com/trunkmaster/nextspace.

This looks _very_ impressive and exactly the sort of thing I feel that
GNUstep needs. I am very impressed. Your work looks amazing.

I'm glad you like it. :)
When and how might it be downloaded?

There are RPMs for CentOS 7 on github inside Packages directory for base parts.
Frameworks and Applications in active development right now. You should build them manually.
So you should install clang-3.8, all packages including -devel (no need to install -debuginfo) and build Frameworks (make;make install) and Applications after that. Package dependecies you need to install are listed inside .spec files in Frameworks and Applications directories (BuildRequires and Requires).
I've uploaded correct versions of clang and llvm on github because CentOS stock versions are quite old.

How would you feel about your desktop etc. being repackaged for a
different distro, such as OpenSUSE?

It's great if you (or someone else) will manage to build it on OpenSUSE.

Email: lproven@cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven@gmail.com

Sergii Stoian, ProjectCenter maintainer