Re: SMDoubleSlider usability on GNUstep

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: SMDoubleSlider usability on GNUstep
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 15:30:51 +0000 (UTC)

В Mon, 12 Mar 2018 00:29:51 +0100, Fred Kiefer написа:

> I committed a change to NSSliderCell that should fix all of the above
> issues as well as the original problem.

Thanks, I confirm that.  No issues at all.  The only bad thing (for
me) is that I can't apply this patch to 0.26.2 as it breaks binary
compatibility.  No problem, the important thing is that it works.

> But in my opinion this also reduces the software quality for that
> class. Please have a look at the change yourself to confirm this. We
> now copy the same code over and over again.

Right :/.  The quality is still better than Apple's because there's an
accessor method for the _value ivar but you are right that this is
code duplication for no good reason.

> In another mail you asked me to implement some additional changes that
> David suggested in his original mails. I won’t do this, not just because
> the analysis of these mails was wrong, but also because this would even
> further reduce our code quality.

OK, I certainly won't argue about this.