Re: Bugs in gui/back

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Bugs in gui/back
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 18:16:11 +0200

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Höschler wrote:
Thus... there must be something specific on your side.

On the specific machine preinstalled with Ubuntu 16 I always got "System program problem detected" panels after logging in. When I click on "Reprot problem" it says "Please enter your password to access problem reports of systems programs". I thought that was due to a smashed installation. But I installed Ubuntu 16.04 from scratch on a VirtualBox virtual machine in the meanwhile to sort out the reported GNUstep problems and got the same error panels there as well. So this really seems to be a generic Ubuntu 16 problem (not machine or installation related). Do you get those as well?

No I get no such error!

How did you install Window Maker on your Ubuntu 16? I would like to give Freds test program a try under Window Maker to see whether it also shows the wrong behaviour.

I just installed it from the repositories, offical package, with apt-get! I don't remember if I had to tweak the sesion myself or not: but I get to the standard ubuntu login panel and then after logging in I get into windowmaker.

Actually I forgot to check if I have live window resizing enabled or not... because you have to enable it in windowmaker and GNUstep IIRC. correctly.

That's cool. Thanks a lot. I will give them a try soon. But for this special project I currently have on the table I need to get window resizing (auto relayouting) running on the special hardware with Ubuntu 16 installed. As you can see in my last few mails the current GNUstep missives here a bit. :-(

Yes, I read about the pain, that'ìs what I thought tot est if general stuff still worked for me on ubuntu or not and it does.
I use th standard gcc runtime, as additional info.

Riccardo