Re: signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 11:27:19 +0200

On 07 May 2018, at 23:16, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:

1) I have built GNustep on my own
2) I am using gcc and its runtime

!?? That's what presented me the app with the unexplainable segmentation fault!?

Any idea?

Thank you for clarifying that you use gcc.

Could it be that self gets deallocated in the "bums" method call?

No! The bums call is just for logging and breakpoint purposes. The method just longs out @"bums":

NSLog(@"bums");

The best way to find out about this would be to run the application with valgrind. Many mysterious problems became quite clear when looking at them through the valgrind toolset. If you require help with that, I could provide you with detailed instructions.

I will probably need help with that. :-) How would I start?

Thanks a lot,

  Andreas