Re: TextEdit : critical error prevents loading

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: TextEdit : critical error prevents loading
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 14:04:08 +0000 (UTC)

В Mon, 09 Jul 2018 15:47:48 +0200, Patrick CARDONA написа:
> On 2018-07-08 23:14:13 +0200 Yavor Doganov <yavor@gnu.org> wrote:

>> ApplicationRelease = 5; (it is not exactly 5.0-2)

"dpkg -l textedit.app" should give the answer which package version you
have installed.

>> Does it happen if you move ~/GNUstep/Defaults/TextEdit.plist away?
> When I rename "Info-gnustep.plist" to "Info-gnustep.plist.back", I get
> these messages :

No, that is the wrong file to move.  I asked for
/home/patrick/GNUstep/Defaults/TextEdit.plist.

> I have already gdb installed, but I could not install the *.dbg neither
> *.dbgsym because there seem not available within Ubuntu :

Well, you'll probably have to enable additional repositories for them;
please check your usual Ubuntu documentation / support channels.  I found
this wiki page for Ubuntu but I don't know if it's accurate:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Debug%20Symbol%20Packages