Re: SimpleAgenda 0.44 - No way to add new task or new appointment

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: SimpleAgenda 0.44 - No way to add new task or new appointment
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 09:11:36 +0300

Package: agenda.app
Version: 0.44-1
Severity: important
Tags: patch

Patrick CARDONA wrote:
> When I try to add a new task (#t)  - or a new appointment - within
> SimpleAgenda.app, the OK button is disabled in the "Edit task" panel
> and the Store list is empty. So I cannot save anything.

Thanks for reporting this bug, it is easily reproducible on a fresh
installation (simulated by deleting the app defaults and
~/GNUstep/Library/Simplegenda).

In LocalStore -initWithName:, [[self config] objectForKey: ST_FILE]
returns nil so _globalFile ends up the same as _globalPath.  It then
attempts to save the file which is identical to the newly created
directory and that fails, naturally.  Which in turn sets the store as
non-writable in the -write method so you get the OK button disabled.

Riccardo's workaround actually works because adding a local calendar
file explicitly from the Preferences invokes +registerWithName: which
sets the object for that key.

The attached patch works for me.