Re: Migrating GNUstep home folder to another computer

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: Migrating GNUstep home folder to another computer
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 19:34:28 +0000 (UTC)

В Mon, 23 Jul 2018 20:53:16 +0200, Patrick CARDONA написа:

> I tried to migrate from Ubuntu to a fresh Debian Stretch Install, which
> seems to be more reactive on the same computer (old macmini).

This is a "downgrade" in terms of package versions.

> But I encounter some curious behaviours:
> - In GNUMail, the Inbox window is blank : the list of messages is not
> displayed (see screeshot).

GNUMail in Debian stretch has some subtle bugs, the version in unstable
is buggy too.  You can try removing the cache (should be in ~/GNUstep/
Library/GNUMail) and see if the problem persists.  Please also run the
app from a terminal; some messages may provide a clue.

> - In GWorkspace, #-key (Meta or Alt) commands do not work : #-d will not
> put the file in the Recycler Trash directory.

I'm afraid I can't reproduce this.  What window manager do you use?