Re: Migrating GNUstep home folder to another computer

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: Migrating GNUstep home folder to another computer
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 21:41:08 +0000 (UTC)

В Tue, 24 Jul 2018 20:49:43 +0200, Patrick CARDONA написа:

> Maybe I do not the things the right way within GWorkspace.

Or there could be a bug that may be fixed in 0.9.4.  Has this worked
properly on Ubuntu?

> Is GWorkspace using DBUS messaging between apps and udisks2 ?

No but this is a neat idea.

> I dropped the Ubuntu one, so my question was about migrating from Debian
> to Debian (maybe stable to testing)

There should be no problems here.

> So what happens when a user want to upgrade : are some sub-directories
> to conserve, like $HOME/GNUstep/Library and $HOME/GNUstep/Applications
> and others to be dropped ?

You shouldn't worry about it.  Each application should handle its own
defaults and data, if some kind of migration is necessary.