Re: Windows support in libobjc2

From: Paul Landers
Subject: Re: Windows support in libobjc2
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 15:46:24 +0000

Is anyone using Windows and GNUstep?

This is great! We at testplant use GNUstep on windows extensively.

Have you, before this, tried using libobjc2 with clang with mingw64 w/
msys, or with cygwin?

Our current environment is msys2(mingw-w64) with some older versions of libobjc2 and clang. We are looking to update those versions soon though, and the clang patches should be very helpful!

Could you clarify what you mean by using with a different linker?

I can’t recall too much about our environment, but I can say for all recent versions of the mingw version of clang, the clang linker still has not worked and it has used the gcc linker instead. I do not have Visual Studio (etc) installed.

---
Paul Landers