Re: DictionaryReader : how to set another dict

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: DictionaryReader : how to set another dict
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2018 17:33:38 +0000

I found dictionaryreader here: https://github.com/etoile/DictionaryReader

I can't run it right now as I'm not on a GNUstep-capable device. But maybe this will help:

Looks like besides reading local files, the app talks to a service at dict.org:
  https://github.com/etoile/DictionaryReader/blob/master/DictConnection.m#L78
Dictionary preferences and maybe even dictionaries seem to live in ~/GNUstep/Library/DictionaryReader  **
  https://github.com/etoile/DictionaryReader/blob/master/Preferences.m#L113

Finally, why not imitate the layout of the Resources directory and drop in the French dictionary next to jargon.dict?

(Again, these are blind suggestions, I don't know what the app looks like.)

** Nitpick: this is a bug, but not related to what you are seeing (grayed-out prefs item). There is no reason why the home library folder should be in ~/GNUstep/Library, it's just the current default.