Re: Crash on app start due to icon

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Crash on app start due to icon
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2018 23:10:49 +0200

Hi,

On 08/04/18 13:53, Wolfgang Lux wrote:
as everybody else I'm also unable to reproduce your issue on NetBSD 7.1.2 with
the latest source (except for Fred's patch). So it's seems this is something
peculiar with your setup. Do you have any themes installed? If so, can you
install them and try again. Also, what is the output of
   info sharedlibrary
(you may abbreviate that to i sh) when the program crashes?

this is a mystery: I get a crash on all my computers except the FreeBSD/clang ones (both laptop and workstation).

On my NetBSD 8.0 I had themes installed, namely set was the tango theme:
imladris: {21} defaults read NSGlobalDomain GSTheme
NSGlobalDomain GSTheme Tango

this is a pure icon theme.

I removed all the themes and removed the GSTheme variable, to "clean" everything, but I still get a crash.

I have these configuration settings.

Make:
  $ ./configure --prefix=/ --with-layout=gnustep

Base, Gui and Back: just configure with no arguments. Cairo is installed, detected and used.

It is window-maker dependent (only there we have the icon dock). If I quickly switch to plain twm, the application starts.

Riccardo