Re: Linux/Clang/Libobjc2 failure part 2 (ng)

From: Josh Freeman
Subject: Re: Linux/Clang/Libobjc2 failure part 2 (ng)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 19:09:51 -0400

Hi Riccardo,

On Jun 24, 2018, at 4:28 PM, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

On 24/06/2018 11:17, David Chisnall wrote:
This might be the issue with the Linux run-time linker’s failure to merge the ivar guess variables. Can you try with this patch?

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnustep/2017-12/msg00129.html

This isn’t needed with the v2 ABI, but I need help fixing the issues with GNUstep’s NSString implementation before I can recommend enabling that for GNUstep, because the new NSConstantString representation exposes a lot of bugs in -base’s unicode string handling.

The patch doesn't apply clean anymore, the code looks changed enough!

If you still want to try this patch, you'll need to use an older version of libobjc2, from before the ivar code changes were checked in.

Attached is an updated version of the install script - it now rolls back the checked-out libobjc2 sources to 2017-12-19 (shortly before the ivar code changed).

The patch itself is also attached (unchanged from before). The install script expects to find the patch in the same directory as the script itself.

Cheers,

Josh