Re: GNUstep Windows quirks

From: Rastko
Subject: Re: GNUstep Windows quirks
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 17:51:03 +0100

Hi guys,

I am desperately trying to use ProjectCenter for development.
However, I am getting random crashes of SystemPreferences, GWorkspace and ProjectCenter.

The errors are always of the variety
"The application has requested the Runtime to terminate *it* in an unusual way. [...]"
by Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library component; specific version needed?

For GWorkspace, random "fswatcher" connection fails, after which it crashes.

For ProjectCenter, it's more specific: upon setting an executable for a debugger, it mostly crashes (depending on the executable)

For SystemPreferences, it may crash when changing themes (especially from WindowsUX back to default). Also, it crashes after not being able to find libcairo-2.dll, but it is present in
C:\GNUstep\mingw\bin

File hierarchy problem? Should I use cairo on Windows anyway? Is it more stable?

If you could help me with these, it would be awesome. I love compiling with GNUmakefiles.