[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ANN: GNUstep Base 1.26.0
ANN: GNUstep Base 1.26.0
Mon, 7 Jan 2019 21:20:45 +0000
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.5.0
The GNUstep Base Library, version 1.26.0, is now available.
1.1 What is the GNUstep Base Library?
The GNUstep Base Library is a library of general-purpose, non-graphical
Objective C objects. For example, it includes classes for strings,
object collections, byte streams, typed coders, invocations,
notifications, notification dispatchers, moments in time, network ports,
remote object messaging support (distributed objects), and event loops.
It provides functionality that aims to implement the non-graphical
portion of the OpenStep standard (the Foundation library).
There is more information available at the GNUstep homepage at
1.2 Noteworthy changes in version '1.26.0'
* Improve utf8 validity checks.
* Make point and size subclasses for NSValue interchangable.
* Add support for TLS SNI. Always request certificate from client and
update certificates after 5 minutes.
* Don't write deprecated fields to desktop link file.
* Use NSLock instead of GSLazyLock and other improvements for
* Clean up of NSString cluster.
* Update NSAssert() and NSCAssert() to handle variable arguments (as
OSX has done) and mark the numbered macros as obsolete.
* Various improvements in tests.
* Require ICU >= 50.
* ICU is now detected using pkg-config.
* Improve XML parsing.
* Make NSXMLNode ivar a union representing different types, instead
of assuming it will contain different underlying class types in
different contexts. This is important for the new libobjc2 ABI.
* OSX compatibility changes to NSURL.
* NSFileManager call error handle on missing file.
* Dummy spinlock implementation for platforms that don't support it.
* Internationalization improvements: Japanese translation, Turkish
translation, Polish translation.
* Various improvements for new libobjc2 "v2 ABI", including things
like a new NSConstantString implementation, making
GS_REPLACE_CONSTANT_STRING a noop with the new ABI, etc.
* Improvements for stack traces, exception handling and dead lock
* Other more minor bugfixes and cleanups. Many found by Coverity
* As usual, this release also contains an update to include the most
recent international timezone data.
1.3 Where can you get it? How can you compile it?
The gnustep-base-1.26.0.tar.gz distribution file has been placed at
Please log bug reports on the GNUstep project page
<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=gnustep> or send bug reports to
Description: OpenPGP digital signature