Re: libobjc2 still failing tests

From: Jordan Schidlowsky
Subject: Re: libobjc2 still failing tests
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 16:16:21 -0600

Actually both armv7-a (vfpv3-d16 no neon, and softfp) and yes AArch64
(arm64-v8a).

armv7-a is working great for us on android with current stock Google NDK which
is using clang-8...  but we seem to be experiencing an ivar alignment or offset
bug on arm64-v8a.

We had to rework SmallObjectClasses assembly reference because android will not
load any library that has any text relocations in a library.  (I believe we can
probably get around that by using the GOT to get to SmallObjectClassess but we
have just removed for now).

But ya, Ideally I want to run the test suite on an actual android device to
figure out this ivar issue on AArch64.  So, hmmmmmm, I guess I'll try and think
of some way to get the test executable main()s onto an actual android device
for testing...

Jordan