dmca-activists

[DMCA-Activists] BPDG conference call

From: Jonathan Watterson
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] BPDG conference call
Date: 23 May 2002 17:53:14 -0400

Please join in this public conference call to determine the future of
digital media and whether a private-sector Hollings bill will pass:

Date:           Thursday 5/23 U.S. / Friday 5/24 Japan
Time:           4:00pm PDT / 7:00pm EDT / 8:00am Japan
Duration:       2 hours
Dial:           1-617-801-9781
Passcode:       4919980

This is where the mandatory security standards for computers, DVDs,
digital TVs, etc. may be decided. We don't want there to be ANY
mandatory policeware. This process (the Broadcast Protection Discussion
Group) claims to be a public process. Yet decisions are being made in a
40-line conference call tonight. Let's see how public it is. If you've
got time, in roughly an hour & 20 minutes call the number above. We need
to make sure the needs of the consumers are represented.

For more information about the BPDG, see the following links:

http://bpdg.blogs.eff.org/
http://digitalspeech.org/bpdg.shtml

Jonathan Watterson                                Digital Freedom Organizer
http://digitalspeech.org                          Free Software Foundation

Digital Speech Project: Fight for your rights online!
Donate: http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?p=.dsp0&m=jono%40digitalspeech.org