dmca-activists

Re: [DMCA-Activists] Mass. hearing on super-DMCA

From: C. Scott Ananian
Subject: Re: [DMCA-Activists] Mass. hearing on super-DMCA
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 13:18:49 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Dan Barrett wrote:

> Is anyone planning to attend the public hearing on the Massachusetts version
> of the state "Super DMCA" (http://www.state.ma.us/legis/history/h02743.htm)
> tomorrow (Wednesday, 2 April)?
> Hearing is at 10.00; I'm tentatively planning on going.  I'm just a code
> monkey, though -- any lawyers interested?  Will anyone from ACLU-Mass be
> there?

I'm interested in going.  Have you found more information on the bill than
what's presented at the link?  "legislation to establish a crime of
illegal internet and broadband access" makes it sound like this is about
cable theft, nothing more...
 --scott

Philadelphia SSBN 731 Legion of Doom plastique FSF munitions Waco, Texas
interception General Khaddafi kibo domestic disruption South Africa
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )