dmca-activists

[DMCA-Activists] FreeCulture.org: BlogShine and OrphanWorks

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] FreeCulture.org: BlogShine and OrphanWorks
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 06:15:42 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: latest projects of FreeCulture.org
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:13:40 -0500
From: Nelson Pavlosky <address@hidden>
To: Seth Johnson <address@hidden>

Hey Seth,

I don't know if you've seen what we've been up to recently, but
here are two projects we've just launched:

Blogshine Sunday - <http://blogshine.org>

On March 13, 2005, news organizations across America will
participate in "Sunshine Sunday" by running stories supporting
access to government information. This freedom of information is
vital to our democracy. That's why FreeCulture.org has organized
"Blogshine Sunday" on the same day: to ensure that government
remains accessible to tomorrow's journalists.

We recognize that technology is changing journalism. On Blogshine
Sunday, we affirm:

    * In an increasingly wired society, government documents
      need to be digital and online, not just buried in
      archives.
    * "Professional" journalists are not the only people who
      deserve access to our government -- everyone does.

If these topics mean something to you, please join us on March
13. Write in your blog about how they've affected you.

OrphanWorks.org - <http://orphanworks.org>

Make your voice heard!  If you've ever had a hard time tracking
down a copyright holder, the Copyright Office needs to hear your
story. Submit your comment to the Copyright Office at our site!

If you could spread these sites around, that would rock.

Thanks in advance,
~Nelson Pavlosky~
http://nelson.freeculture.org